|Course start dates
|May (Summer Session Term 1 or 2)
|September (Winter Session Term 1)
|January (Winter Session Term 2)
If you wish to take courses for general interest, apply to the Access Studies program by following the steps outlined below.
Visit the course schedule and view the courses offered. Choose the courses that you are interested in taking.
Apply through Education Planner BC:
- Create an Education Planner BC account online
- Fill in your personal information, contact information, and academic history
- Click “Start Applying” and select the University of British Columbia
- In the UBC application, select the appropriate Admission Category based on your academic history
- Select “UBC Okanagan” and “Access Studies” under First Program Choice
- When prompted, make sure to include the course(s) you’re interested in taking or the specific program under which you would like to take courses
UBC Admissions will email you with a confirmation of your application and request verification of your date of birth to confirm your Senior Citizen status.
Verification of your date of birth (such as a photocopy of a passport or driver’s licence) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once admitted, login to your Student Service Centre (SSC) to register for classes or contact Enrolment Services (email@example.com) for assistance.