Withdrawing from courses with a W standing
To withdraw with a W standing means that your enrolment in the course will appear on your transcript with a standing of W. Depending on your withdrawal date you may be eligible for a partial refund. If your withdrawal date is after refund dates, you will not receive any refund of tuition fees.
Once the deadline to withdraw from a course without a W standing has passed, you can withdraw from courses for a period of time to receive a W standing.
We recommend speaking with an Academic Advisor about withdrawing to ensure you have considered all the possible options.
- Review the policy for the refund of tuition fees. If you have withdrawn after the dates stated in this policy you are not eligible for a refund.
- Find the last day to drop with a W standing on the SSC – look in the course schedule for each section individually.
- If the SSC is still open for dropping courses, log in to your SSC account and drop your course(s) from your timetable.
- Be sure you are dropping the course from your Timetable and not from your Worklist. Dropping courses from your worklist is not considered withdrawal from your course.
- After the SSC has closed for withdrawals you will need to appeal to the faculty that offers the course for permission to withdraw. See links below for the forms for each faculty.
- You will be required to submit supporting documentation for your application/appeal for a late withdrawal to outline your exceptional circumstances for requesting a late withdrawal
- Distance Education must be submitted to and approved by your Dean’s Office