|Course start dates
|May (Summer Session Term 1 or 2)
|September (Winter Session 1)
|January (Winter Session 2)
If you’re new to UBC
If you wish to take on-campus courses, apply to UBC’s Okanagan campus as a Visiting Student by following the steps below:
Ensure that you meet the English Language Requirement.
Visit the course schedule to view the courses offered, and choose the courses that you are interested in taking.
Apply through Education Planner BC:
- Create an Education Planner BC account online
- Fill in your personal information, contact information, and academic history
- Click “Start Applying” and select the University of British Columbia
- In the UBC application, select the appropriate Admission Category based on your academic history
- Select “UBC Okanagan” and “Visiting Studies” under First Program Choice.
UBC Admissions will email you with a confirmation of your application and next steps.
Email any additional and required documents to email@example.com.
If you’ve previously been admitted to AND REGISTERED IN COURSES at UBC
As a student record has already been established in the UBC system with your information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details to begin your admission process:
Under subject line, use Non-Degree Studies — Visiting student.
In your email, include the following:
- Full name
- UBC student number, if available
- Date of birth
- Your Non-Degree Category, which is “Visiting”
- Intended start date
- Campus preference (Vancouver or Okanagan)
Visiting students are admitted to UBC for one academic session (Winter or Summer) at a time. If you want to continue your UBC registration in subsequent sessions you will have to reapply using the above application request procedure.