Where to begin
You’re about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of your life. Fortunately, we’ve got the resources you need to stack your new-student toolkit.
I’ve been admitted, now what? First, follow these eight steps.
On-Campus Events & Activities
- Virtual Group Career ConversationsApr 6
- PhD Dissertation Oral Defence, Tina Marten: Germans on Demand: The Migration of Highly-Skilled German Workers to the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada, under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program, 2000 to 2015Apr 6
- Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) SessionsApr 8
- Spring! FCCS’s spring festival of the arts – Pony CabaretApr 10
- A RESEARCH TO PRACTICE PRESENTATION – Perspectives to capture to assess quality of community-based palliative careApr 14
Athletics & Recreation
Grab a bleacher seat and cheer on the Okanagan Heat or visit the Hangar Fitness Centre for a drop-in yoga class or solo workout.
Commuting to campus? No problem. We’ve got Collegia—student lounges with couches! They’re great places to relax, chat with friends or catch up on studies between classes.
Where to eat
Made-to-order sandwiches, spicy samosas, or sushi on-the-go – there are plenty of food options at UBC Okanagan. Some food spots also tailor their menus with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free and allergy-aware choices. And did we mention there is usually a daily rotation of food trucks?
Live in one of UBCO’s nine residences that make up our four housing communities. Traditional single rooms, connected rooms or shared suites and townhouses. Meal plan or cook for yourself. We have different options to meet the differing needs of students.