Not sure which advisor is right for you? Learn more about the services offered by each advisor below.
Academic & Career Advising
Academic & Career Advisors are available to assist students with:
- Discussing and explaining academic requirements for university programs
- Interpreting academic policies and procedures
- Exploring program options and developing a personal program plan
- Providing referrals to appropriate departments and services as needed
- Checking graduation requirements
- Supporting academic and career goal setting
Indigenous Student Advising
Our Indigenous Student Advisors are able to support Indigenous students through your specific program of study and overall UBC experience.
International Student Advising
International Student Advisors offer advising regarding immigration documentation, health insurance, working in Canada, degree progression/academic concerns, intercultural learning, as well as general advising and transitional support.
Career Development Specialists are available to assist students with:
- Identifying strengths and values and navigating career decisions
- Improving your job search, resume, interviews, and online presence
- Gaining valuable advice about finding employment, job markets, and further education
- Meeting employers, industry experts, and alumni
Need a resume review? Connect with a Career Peer Mentor.
The Disability Resource Centre offers advising and determines academic accommodations for students that have an ongoing medical condition or disability that functionally impact their participation in the post-secondary educational setting.
School of Engineering
For questions about programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering, contact School of Engineering Academic Advising.