U.S. students

U.S. students must apply for loans through the U.S. government. Dual citizens (citizens of both the U.S. and Canada) can apply for loans through both the U.S. and Canadian governments.

How to apply

The two U.S. loan links below will direct you to UBC’s Vancouver campus website. For all Okanagan student financial services matters, remember to return to courses, money & enrolment.

Available funding

UBC is an approved Title IV institution. Our U.S. students can access funding through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.

The types of funding available through the Direct Loan program are Stafford Loans and PLUS loans. UBC students are not eligible for Pell grants, Perkins loans, or other types of U.S. Federal financial aid.

Form 1098-T

If you are filing taxes in the U.S. you may be asked to produce the Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, used for qualified tuition and related expenses paid during the tax year. UBC is an eligible educational institution because of participation in the U.S. Direct Loan Program.

Learn more about taxes