Printer-friendly > Student Services > Enrolment Services > Non-Degree Studies > Once You Are Enrolled

enrolledOnce You Are Enrolled

The steps outlined on the left will help you get started. If you have questions, please contact an Access Studies advisor at

Get an email account

All students are eligible to sign up for a UBC email address, To register for your email address, visit the UBC IT Service Catalogue at <link to>. A Campus-Wide Login account is required for sign up. If you do not know your CWL username or password, or do not have one, please contact UBC Enrolment Services <link to>.

The University regularly sends information to students via email, so it is important to have a reliable email account that you check regularly. Some Hotmail users report that they do not receive email sent to them by UBC, so you may wish to consider another provider. Visit the SSC and select "Address Change" to change or check your UBC email address.

Back to top

Get your UBCcard

The UBCcard is the official student identification card for registered UBC students. This multi-functional card gives you convenient access to University services and events, UBC Library services, and some student housing on campus. The UBCcard is valid for up to four years, as long as you are registered.

You can pick up your UBCcard at the University Centre building (UNC 206) any time after you have registered. Bring your UBC student number and valid government-issued photo identification. For more information and hours of operation, visit the website.

Back to top

Buy your textbooks

The UBC Bookstore Okanagan provides all required and optional textbooks, both new and used, for UBC courses. Visit the store for location, hours, contact information, and more!

Back to top

Pick-up your U-Pass

The Universal Transportation Pass (U-Pass) is available to all UBC students who pay student fees and provides unlimited access to low-cost, sustainable transportation. Your valid UBCcard, with the U-Pass decal, will be your U-Pass.

Back to top

Opt out of medical coverage

All undergraduate students are automatically members of the UBCSUO Extended Health and Dental Plan and have been assessed the annual premium as part oftheir fees. This plan covers prescription drugs, dental care, vision care, counselling, and travel health insurance. You need basic medical coverage (MSP or equivalent) in order to make a claim to the Health and Dental Plan.

If you already have equivalent health and dental coverage, you can opt out of the plan. Visit the UBCSUO Extended Health and Dental Plan for details.

Back to top


  • UBC Calendar
    The Calendar details the programs, courses, rules, and regulations that affect your experience as a student.
  • Library resources
    The UBC Library website is your link to a world of scholarly information. It includes the library catalogue, article indexes, full text journals, do-it-yourself renewals, general library information, tutorials on information searching, workshops, and more.
  • Student Services online
    The Student Services home page is your gateway to news and resources.
  • Academic Support
    Check it out – you'll be glad you did! Learn skills and participate in workshops to help you succeed in your studies at UBC.
  • Explore your campus community
    Visit this site for up-to-date listings of happenings around campus.
Back to top

Last reviewed shim3/18/2016 11:27:12 AM