Summer & off-campus study options

UBC Okanagan offers a wide variety of study options for the summer months.

Summer study course options

Are you a current student considering summer courses?

  • Students are automatically eligible to take summer courses and can register in March
  • Students are notified of their registration date and time approximately two weeks before registration opens
  • The summer schedule is normally posted early in the new year
  • Students can register in a maximum of 12 credits in the Summer Session (May to August)
  • The course schedule is subject to change; check for updates frequently

UBC Okanagan campus

Go to your Student Service Centre (SSC). Click on Course Schedule, set the campus to UBC Okanagan, then set the Session to 2021 Summer.

Two terms offered: Term 1: mid-May to end of June; Term 2: July to mid-August.

Summer study resources

Student Housing & Hospitality Services

Summer housing is available between May and August. For eligibility, options, rates, and application form, visit UBC Okanagan Housing.

For more information, contact:

Student Housing & Hospitality Services
1290 International Mews
250 807 8050

Career Advising

Summer work opportunities are available through the UBCO Job Board. To find a job visit the UBC Okanagan job board.

For more information, contact:

Career Advising
UNC 207
250 807 9215

Student Services

Provides services relating to tuition payments, refund requests, fee inquiries, student loans, awards, scholarships, and more.

For more information, contact:

Student Services
UNC 2nd floor foyer
250 807 9100

International Programs & Services

Provides advising, transition services, and programs for international students.

For more information, contact:

International Programs & Services
UNC 227

Disability Resources

Provides services and academic accommodations to promote educational equity and inclusion for students with disabilities. Commonly used academic accommodations can include extended time for exams and peer note takers.

For more information, contact:

Disability Resources
UNC 214
250 807 8053

Off-campus study options

UBC’s Vancouver campus

To take courses on the Vancouver campus, students must receive approval for cross campus registration. Before submitting a cross campus request form, be sure to check to see if the course(s) will work towards your Okanagan degree requirements using the UBC Equivalency site.

To research Vancouver course options, go to your Student Service Centre (SSC). Click on the Vancouver tab and select the session you intend to be in Vancouver.

Note: Approval is not guaranteed; if approved, you will be registered by the Vancouver faculty once all UBC Vancouver students have registered.

UBC Distance Education

UBC offers distance education courses which can provide students with flexible learning opportunities that enable them to balance their personal, professional, and educational lives.

To view the course options, consult the courses section of the UBC Distance Learning for course information. Be sure to confirm the course selection can be applied to your degree by using the UBC Equivalency site. If the course is not listed, contact Academic Advising to learn more.

To register, go to your Student Service Centre (SSC). Click on Course Schedule, set the campus to UBC Vancouver, then set the Session to 2021 Summer, click on search for courses, and then check Distance Education Courses only.

Post-secondary institutions other than UBC

Follow the steps below to ensure you are eligible to study at another post-secondary institution.

Note: Students must receive permission from their faculty before registering in courses outside of UBC.

Step one: Determine academic standing
Ensure you are a student in good academic standing.

Step two: Pick an institution and transferable courses
Research course options at other institutions and check the to ensure the course will transfer.

Step three: Contact an Academic Advisor
Consult Academic Advising with your course selection.

Step four: Complete a Letter of Permission (LOP)
Complete a Letter of Permission by Faculty or School.

If you are a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science student from the Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences requesting courses in the following subjects, use the FCCS form: ARTH, CCS, CRWR, CULT, ENGL, FILM, FREN, GERM, JPST, MUSC, SPAN, THTR, or VISA.

Step five: Send your transcripts
Upon completion of your course, have your transcript sent to:

UBC Okanagan – Enrolment Services
UNC 322, 3272 University Way
Kelowna, BC Canada, V1V 1V7