Change your program or campus
You can apply to change your degree program at the same campus or at another campus.
- You must meet minimum admission criteria for transfer students.
- You must meet the program’s specific requirements and competitive grade range.
Before you apply
If you are applying to change programs, consider the following:
- Make sure you meet the application deadline and submit all documents required by your new program.
- Some degree programs may require a portfolio, supplemental application, or personal profile.
- At least 50% of your required credits must be completed while registered in your new program in order to graduate.
Make sure you research the degree requirements for your intended program of study. Degree program requirements are unique to each program, regardless of campus.
If you are applying to change programs at another campus, consider the following:
- Determine how your previously completed courses can meet registration and degree requirements by talking to an Academic Advisor in the program you wish to attend.
- All courses are eligible for credit towards any UBC degree program on either campus. This means credits from a different campus will not be converted to transfer credit but may have a course equivalency.
- Credits that have an established equivalent between campuses can be used to satisfy course-specific degree requirements.
- Credits that do not have an established equivalent can be applied to degree requirements as discipline specific or general elective credit.
Course equivalencies between campuses
To check if a UBC course has an established course equivalency between campuses, check the BC Transfer Guide or the UBC Equivalency search.
If a course does not appear on the BC Transfer Guide, then it does not have an established equivalency and may be applied towards degree requirements as discipline-specific or general elective credit. Speak to an Academic & Career Advisor to determine how your courses may be applied.
Applying to change your degree program does not mean giving up your seat in your current program. You don’t give up your current spot until you accept your offer to a new program.
The application to change degree programs or campuses is found on the Student Service Centre (SSC). Log in, hover over “Registration” and select “Change of Degree Program/Campus.”
Previously registered at UBC
You must apply for readmission. Log into the Student Service Centre (SSC), hover over “Admissions” and select “Re-admission.”
For questions regarding degree requirements, program planning, changing programs, or course registration contact Academic & Career Advising.
For questions regarding financial planning and support contact Student Services.