Transfer credits

UBC has switched to a new system called Workday for courses starting in September 2024. A step-by-step tutorial for how to view your transfer credits in Workday will be made available in June on

2024 Summer session students should continue to use SSC and follow the instructions below.

Transfer credit is the transfer of previously completed courses from another institution to UBC. You can transfer a maximum of 60 credits.

Check your transfer credit

Log in to your Student Service Centre (SSC), go to Grades/Records > Transfer Credit and select “UBC Okanagan” from the drop-down menu.

Applying transfer credit to your degree/major

Degree Navigator is a tool that shows you how courses fit into various degree/majors offered at UBC’s Okanagan campus. You can access this program through your SSC: under Registration > Degree Navigator – Okanagan

Supply your latest transcripts

If you have completed coursework after you submitted transcript(s), you will need to send your latest official transcript(s) from that institution to receive transfer credits.

Please forward your transcripts to the following address:

UBC Okanagan – Enrolment Services
UNC322 – 3272 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7

Types of transfer credit

Students can receive two types of transfer credit:

Specific credit

Credit granted for a specific UBC Okanagan course. This transfer credit will be used as if the course was taken at UBC. For example, MATH 100 (3). You should not register in this course at UBC as you cannot receive credit twice for the same course.

General credit

Credit granted for a specific subject and year level (for example, PYSO 1st (3)). This credit may not automatically apply towards a specific requirement but is useful for elective requirements.

International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced placement (AP), or A-levels

If you completed university-level course work in high school (IB, AP, or A-levels), you may be eligible for first-year credit. You will need to submit an official copy of your IB diploma or exam results (AP/A-levels) to receive transfer credits.

Are you missing credit?

If a course you took at your previous institution did not transfer and you feel it should contact an Academic & Career Advisor. If you would like to request a re-evaluation of any particular unassigned credits, you need to provide detailed course outlines to Enrolment Services using the Articulation Request Form. You should have the detailed course outline if you kept your notes or have access to your course information from your former institution. If not, you can generally obtain them from most university websites.


It is important to talk with an Academic & Career Advisor prior to registering to ensure your transfer credits are used correctly.