Do you need professional learning support? Look no further! The Learning Strategist can help you reach your highest potential. Using educational, diagnostic, and interview data to understand you as a learner, the Learning Strategist will guide your individual exploration, encourage positive change to your learning and studying practices, and help you achieve success through enhanced learning support experiences.
The Learning Strategist is available to help any student on campus, but they specialize in providing support for the following groups:
- Self-identified Aboriginal students
- International students
- Students athletes
- Students with disabilities
- Graduate students
- Students on academic probation
- Students returning from failed standing
- Students who have partaken in academic misconduct
SERVICES FOR STUDENTS
To discuss your current study habits, explore your academic goals, and adjust your approach to learning with practical strategies that are tailored to your goals, book a virtual one-on-one consultation with the Learning Strategist.
Who should I meet with: Learning Strategist?
If you would like professional learning support and/or identify as part of a group the Learning Strategist provides specialized support for. We recommended you book a virtual one-on-one consultation with the Learning Strategist. In partnership with you, the Learning Strategist will take an in-depth look at your learning, provide you with tailored guidance, and support your academic growth.
… or Online Learning Coach?
If you would like help with general study skills, We suggest you book a one-on-one meeting with an Online Learning Coach (OLC). OLCs are senior students who are trained to help you improve your study skills and provide mentorship as you navigate the online learning experience.
Still not sure who to meet with?
SERVICES FOR FACULTY & STAFF
Faculty and staff can see students through a different lens. If you have identified an individual or group of students who might benefit from meeting with a Learning Strategist, submit a referral for support.
The Learning Strategist will review the submission, reach out if more information is needed, and contact the student(s) to arrange a virtual consultation. Working together, the Learning Strategist will support students to understand what they need to do, know the actions necessary to reach their learning goals, and chart their progress along the way.
The Learning Strategist can provide additional supports for faculty/staff, including:
- Creating discipline specific seminars or workshops that address learner needs. The Learning Strategist works with faculty to design discipline specific seminars that complement the instruction students receive.
- Identifying key strategies that may enhance course learning outcomes. The Learning Strategist works collaboratively with faculty to integrate study skill development into their classes.
- Partnering with faculty to provide the content and skills students need to develop as lifelong learners. The Learning Strategist can help faculty embed metacognitive strategies into their foundational courses or programs.