Enrollment at UBC's Okanagan campus as an Unclassified student is intended for those students who have a previous university degree and want to enroll in courses not intended to lead to a particular UBC degree or diploma. Enrollment can be full- or part-time and can include a wide variety of courses. All courses are credit courses and will appear on your official UBC transcript.
- You meet the English language requirement
- You have completed a bachelor degree from a recognized institution
- You can provide a final official transcript showing your degree conferral
- Senior citizens 65 years of age and older can apply through Access Studies
When can I apply?
Please view the application deadlines here
How much does it cost?
All students who are accepted into Unclassified Studies will be assessed an application fee and will be required to pay an acceptance deposit upon successful admission. Visit the Academic Calendar for the most up to date fees and policy.
Tuition fees for UBC students are assessed on a per-credit basis and depend on the level of the course and the faculty in which it is offered. Most undergraduate courses are 3 credits (one term) or 6 credits (two terms), although there are exceptions. The online course schedule will detail the credit value of a course.
Students studying on campus at UBC's Okanagan campus are assessed student fees in addition to their tuition. Most student fees are assessed on a per-credit basis, so depending on how many credits you are taking, the total amount of student fees owing will fluctuate.
Expect to pay about $100–$150 for course materials, per course, available through the UBC Bookstore Okanagan.
How to apply
UBC's Okanagan Campus Graduates:
UBC graduates do not need to submit an application or pay an application fee for unclassified eligibility; it is granted upon request. UBC graduates will be required to pay a registration deposit that will be applied towards tuition and student fees.
- full name
- UBC student number
- date of birth
- dates you attended UBC
- campus preference (Vancouver or Okanagan)
If you're new to UBC
If you wish to take on-campus courses, apply to be an Unclassified student by following the steps below:
- Create or login to your account at you.ubc.ca
- Apply to Undergraduate Degree Programs (not Non-Degree Studies)
- On the Program Selection page, select the Unclassified Students box
- Submit your application
- UBC's Undergraduate Admissions office will email you with a confirmation of your application and your next steps in 2-5 business days
What else do I need to know?
- Please note! Depending on the time of year, your school may take up to several weeks to produce your official transcript
- Admission as an Unclassified student does not guarantee entrance to the courses requested or subsequent admission to a degree program at UBC
- Courses may be transferable to a future UBC degree program at the discretion of the faculty to which you apply
- Submit all required documents to Undergraduate Admissions, Attention: Non-Degree Studies
Last reviewed 3/26/2018 4:06:56 PM