What is cross campus registration?
Cross campus registration is intended for UBC Okanagan undergraduate students interested in taking some courses at the Vancouver campus.
Cross campus is not for students who are looking to switch or transfer to a Vancouver degree program. Students wishing to transfer campuses completely should apply for a change in campus/faculty through the SSC.
Undergraduate students interested in taking courses at another University should consult the Academic Calendar for information on Letters of Permission. We also suggest looking at the Study Options on the Academic Advising website.
Graduate students looking to take courses on the Vancouver campus should visit the College of Graduate Studies website for more information and forms.
Cross Campus Eligibility:
To be considered for registration at the Vancouver campus, Okanagan undergraduate students must meet the criteria below.
- A minimum of 24 credits completed (with grades) before submitting a request.
- No failed courses in the most recent 24 credits.
- To take Arts or Science courses on the Vancouver campus, a minimum overall average of 68% on the most recent 24 credits taken with a minimum of 60% in the pre-requisites.
- A maximum of 15 credits can be completed through cross campus
- To take courses outside of Arts and Science will be considered case by case by the governing Faculty or School.
Information on Applying and Registration:
- Fill out the Cross Campus Registration Request
- An Academic Advisor must review the courses in your request form and approve
- Visit Contact an Advisor for the contact information for the advisors for each undergraduate faculty
- The completed and approved form will be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and forwarded to the appropriate faculty on the Vancouver campus for review.
- You will receive email notification if approval is granted (subject to availability of seats in the course at the time of registration, if the course is full you will not be registered)
- You will not be able to register yourself in Cross Campus Courses, this is done by Vancouver Enrolment Services on the date assigned for Cross Campus Registration. You will be notified of this date when you are approved. It is different than the date/time assigned for your Okanagan degree program and is usually the day before Visiting students register.
- You will receive email notification from Enrolment Services on the outcome of your registration.
Having problems completing the form?
If you are not able to submit the form, see Contact an Advisor for the location and contact information for each Faculty.
Additional information you need to know when requesting cross campus:
- The Alma Mater Society student government on the Vancouver campus may require you to pay a membership fee plus the mandatory UPASS for the period of time that you are participating in cross campus. Students are advised to check their SSC Fee Assessment and to speak with the AMS or the UBCSUO if they have any questions regarding the assessed UPASS fees on their record.
- Students will not be able to register themselves in cross-campus courses. This will be done by a staff member in Enrolment Services.
- Studying cross campus is an option, but not a guarantee. Faculties, on both campuses, reserve the right to decline a request if the course is in high demand.
- Faculties reserve the right to decline a course request if the equivalent course is available at the student’s home campus in either summer or winter session
- Each Faculty on the Vancouver campus will review and approve requests individually. Therefore, you may be approved for some courses and not others
- Some Departments in the Faculty of Arts on the Vancouver campus limit enrolment in some courses or all courses due to the high demand for the courses from students on the Vancouver campus. For example, the Department of Economics is only available to Vancouver students, at this time
- If summer registration has already started, check the course schedule to see how many seats are remaining in the courses you are requesting. Courses that are full or very close to full may have a greater likelihood of not being approved for cross campus
- All courses, distance education or on campus, offered through the Faculty of Education on the Vancouver campus must complete a cross campus request form
Last reviewed 4/12/2017 11:24:57 AM