The 5 Ws (and 1 H) of Go Global Exchange
What is a Go Global Exchange?
- A post-secondary academic exchange program
- It allows you to take one or more courses at specific partner institutions around the world
- Courses completed on exchange are counted toward your degree requirements at UBC
Who goes on Exchange?
- Exchange opportunities are open to almost all faculties!
Why should I go on Exchange?
- Make the most of your UBC education
- Experience international issues and ideas in the real world
- Immerse yourself in a new culture and get a fresh perspective
- Connect meaningfully with people in your host country as a student, not just as a tourist
- Challenge yourself in new environments, gain confidence, and strengthen your life skills
- Learn from another perspective
- Take courses outside of what is available at UBC
When can I go on Exchange?
- Arts students are able to go in their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year
- Management, Science and Human Kinetics students are able to go in their 3rd and 4th year
- Students can take part in a summer experience at any time
Where can I go on Exchange?
- We have over 180 partner universities in 50 countries worldwide! Please refer to our interactive map below, as well as the partner pages for the most current Go Global partner school information. (Note: for easier navigation, hide the sidebar)
- Are you a Management student wishing to partake in multiple Go Global experiences? Take a look here to help you in your planning. Also, please refer to the new Management degree structure to best plan your exchange.
How do I go on Exchange?
There is a 2 step application process for applying:
- Apply to Go Global with your top 3 partner university choices
- Once accepted to Go Global, you'll be nominated to apply directly to the university you were matched to
Last reviewed 11/20/2018 4:12:19 PM