In the intimacy of a classroom setting, UBC's Okanagan Campus combines some of the finest instruction available to deliver a world of study in and beyond the classroom. If you are a senior citizen and would like to take classes for your own interest outside of a degree program, then Access Studies is for you.
Students in this category may take up to 6 credits per academic term, up to a maximum of 24 credits in total while registered as Access Studies students. Continuation as an Access Studies student is contingent upon maintaining a passing grade on all courses attempted.
BC residents 65 years of age or over who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents are welcome to apply to Access Studies to take courses for general interest.
Please note: if you are a senior citizen who wishes to pursue studies in a degree program, visit youbc, our admissions website.
Please email an Access Studies advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or call 250.807.8056
Normally, senior citizens do not pay tuition or student fees. However, students can expect to pays fees of about $100–$150 per course for course materials. Course materials are available through the UBC Bookstore Okanagan.
If you wish to take courses for general interest, apply to the Access Studies program by following the steps outlined below.
- Visit the course schedule and view the courses offered. Choose the courses that you are interested in taking. Feel free to contact the Access Studies office if you have any questions.
- Apply using the application form.
- Forward a copy of your date of birth (such as a photocopy of a passport or driver's licence). You can email it to email@example.com, fax it to 250.807.8007 (Attention: Access Studies), or bring it along with your UBC reference number in person to UNC 322 of the University Centre building on UBC's Okanagan campus.
- Receive confirmation of your application and registration instructions from Access Studies.
- Register for classes online or contact Enrolment Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
What else do I need to know?
- Enrolment for Access Studies Students is on a part-time basis in a limited selection of courses and programs.
- Being admitted to UBC as an Access Studies student does not guarantee entrance to your requested courses or subsequent admission to a degree program at UBC.
- To register you'll need to meet course prerequisites through previous study, relevant experience, or instructor permission.
Last reviewed 5/15/2018 8:53:11 AM