Access to Campus
Accessible Parking on Campus
UBC Okanagan offers accessible parking for persons whose disability or health condition limits their mobility.
Who is eligible?
Any faculty, staff, student or any other person who is associated with the University who has a disability or health condition which limits their mobility may request accessible parking with appropriate medical documentation. This includes persons whose mobility limitations are temporary due to injury or short term health conditions.
How do I get accessible parking?
- Bring medical documentation which describes the functional impact of a disability or health condition to the Disability Resource Centre (UNC 227). The documentation must be completed by a medical professional and indicate the anticipated duration of the disability or health condition.
- If you have a valid SPARC Pass or City of Kelowna Disabled Parking Pass registered in your name bring it to the DRC at the time of the interview.
- You also need to have your license plate number, vehicle make and model you will be using.
- Upon review of the above information, the DRC Coordinator will provide you with a Confirmation Letter.
- You then take the completed letter to the UBCO Parking Services office to purchase an accessibility parking permit (“M” Permit).
- You are responsible for any fees or costs associated with having an accessibility parking permit.
Where can I park with an ‘M’ Permit?
- Designated parking stalls are located throughout the campus in Lots E, F, G, S and residences, an ‘M’ Permit can be used on any of these stalls.
- All accessibility passes for these designated stalls are priced the same.
Is there accessible parking on campus without the ‘M’ Permit?
- Any other person or visitor who wants to park on campus and who have a valid SPARC or City of Kelowna Disabled Parking pass may park in the designated metered parking stalls by Lots E, F, G and S.
- The meter must be compensated to show valid parking time or risk the possibility of having a violation ticket for an expired meter issued.
- UBC Okanagan Parking Services will not issue accessibility parking passes without the DRC confirmation letter.
- UBC Okanagan Parking Services will not be accountable for assessing or monitoring of the DRC validation process.
- All persons should familiarize themselves with the UBC Traffic and Parking Rules, June 2010.
- Disability Resource Centre is located at: UNC 227
- Parking Services is located at Cascades A101.
Last reviewed 1/16/2015 3:20:58 PM