How to book an exam
The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) Exam Booking Form is an electronic form which is initiated by you, the student.
**All tests and exams must be booked at least 7 days before the date of the test.
**Final exams must be booked at least 7 days prior to the first day of the final exam period.
- Log in using your CWL credentials.
- Main Menu: “Welcome to the Online Student Services”
- Click “Schedule a test or exam”.
- For midterms click “schedule a test, mid-term or quiz. For final exams, click “Schedule a final exam”.
- Select your course in the drop-down box, which will include all courses you are registered in. Click “Next”.
- Book your in-class exams at the same date and time as the class. Enter the regular duration of the exam. click “Next”.
- Confirm instructor information. Click “Next”.
- Choose accommodations that you want to access for this exam. Click “Next”.
- Your test time appears under “Available dates & Times”. Click “Next”.
- Confirm and complete. Review the information and click “Finish”.
Important Notes: You will receive an email that your booking request was received. If you have made an error in your booking request, you must contact the Exam Coordinator in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the “My upcoming events” tab to view the status of your test(s) and exams (s).
On the day of your exam, arrive at the DRC 20 minutes prior to the start time of your exam to meet your invigilator and then travel to the exam room which can be anywhere on campus.
Any questions about the exam booking process may be directed to email@example.com.
Important information for students writing accommodated exams
- Arrive at the DRC office a minimum of 20 minutes prior to the start time of your exam (30 minutes for final exams). You must be prepared to produce your UBC student card for identification.
- Non-disruptive and odorless food/refreshments in clear containers are permitted with the following exceptions: NO peanuts or tree nuts.
- No scented colognes, perfumes, or soaps may be worn while writing your exams at the DRC. The DRC is a scent-free zone.
- You are only permitted to use material(s) authorized by your instructor as indicated on the exam form (e.g. notes, books, calculators, and formula sheets will not be allowed without explicit written authorization from the professor).
- Students who are not eligible for private exam space will sit in an exam room with other students. An invigilator will be present in the room at all times.
- Student conduct during examinations applies to DRC accommodated exams as well. Cheating is not tolerated and will be subject to the disciplinary processes outlined by UBC’s Student Conduct and Discipline Policy.
- No examination candidate shall be permitted to enter the examination room after the expiration of one half-hour from the scheduled starting time, or to leave during the first half-hour of the examination. Students will need to apply to the Dean of their Faculty to have permission to write after this time has elapsed.