To be eligible for a PGWP, you must have:
- Completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months and led to a degree, diploma or certificate
- Studied full-time each academic session (excludes scheduled breaks), with two exceptions:
- You studied part-time in your final academic session only
- You took an authorized gap in studies for less than 150 days
In addition, you must:
- Apply within 90 days after your Letter of Completion first becomes available AND have a valid study permit at the time of application, OR
- Apply within 180 days after your Letter of Completion first becomes available, AND have previously held a valid study permit, and one of the following:
- Applied for visitor status before your study permit became invalid
- Applied to restore your temporary resident status
- Applied from outside of Canada
See full eligibility details.
Visit UBC’s definitions for immigration purposes to learn what is considered full-time studies at UBC.