UBC Okanagan’s world-class learning opportunities, close-knit campus community, and relaxed natural setting combine to offer exchange students from around the world an unforgettable study-abroad experience. Choose UBC Okanagan as your exchange destination.
Apply to UBC Okanagan
Before you apply to UBC
Ensure you meet UBC’s English language requirements and have reviewed any program and course restrictions.
Apply for an exchange program through your home university
To attend UBC as an exchange student, you must be enrolled at one of UBC’s partner universities. Your home university’s exchange office will determine your eligibility for an exchange program.
Complete the online exchange application
Once your university has sent Go Global your name and email address, you will receive an email with further instructions, including the URL to the exchange online application. Please submit your application by the deadline indicated in the email. Once you have submitted the online application, you will receive a confirmation email indicating your UBC student number.
Submit your documents to your home exchange office
Submit your application documents such as your application checklist, transcript, English language exam results (if needed), and proposed course list to your home exchange office. Make sure that your home exchange office provides all required documents to UBC by the deadline indicated in the instructions email.
Apply for a Campus-Wide Login (CWL) account
This is required in order to complete UBC’s online housing application, and you will need this log in later to check your registration and pay your fees. If you experience difficulty setting up an account, see the “Creating a CWL account tutorial” or contact the help desk for technical support.
- Visit the CWL sign up page.
- Select “Student and Alumni” from the list of choices.
- Follow the instructions to complete the application. Your default Student Service Centre (SSC) password is set to your six digit date of birth in the order of yymmdd (e.g. 920111).
Complete the online housing application
Due to high demand, on-campus housing for Term 1 exchange is not guaranteed even though priority is given to regular exchange students. We will inform you by email once it is time to submit your housing application.
Once you’ve applied
Once you have submitted the online application, it will be reviewed by UBC’s Go Global office. Course selections will be reviewed by the appropriate faculty to determine suitability and space.
Acceptance to UBC is confirmed once you receive your acceptance letter. Once accepted, you will receive a confirmation email, documents for your visa (if required) as well as information about the necessary next steps.
This is a good time to make sure you have a valid passport. We recommend that you do not purchase an airline ticket prior to receiving your official letter of acceptance from UBC.
- Go to the Student Housing and Community Services Online Service Centre and log in under “UBC New Applicants, Students, Staff with CWL ID.”
- Log in with the CWL you created above.
- Select “Application,” and then “Apply”.
- Select the application for the 2023/2024 Winter Session (23W).
- When asked for your faculty, enter “Exchange Program, year 1.”
- There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. The housing deposit must be paid using an approved payment method and is due upon acceptance of your room offer.
We will inform the housing office whether you are coming for one or two terms as there is no place for you to indicate this on their application.