Are you new to UBC? Let us be amongst the first to welcome you to UBC's Okanagan campus!
At UBC's Okanagan campus, all new-to-UBC students (including transfer and mature students) have the option to be paired with an upper-year student in the same academic program. These student leaders are known as Peer Mentors.
So what exactly is a Peer Mentor?
- We can help answer your questions over the summer and throughout the academic year (we will be in touch by email)
- We will guide your campus tour during Create Orientation day, and introduce you to other students in your faculty
- We will send you a weekly email to let you know about upcoming events and opportunities for involvement on campus
- We plan social and academic events for you and all other students to enjoy!
- We are excited to share with you our student experience so you can benefit from our advise, insights and lessons learned
- We are UBC Okanagan campus experts! We will refer you to the right resource/department whenever you face a challenge, need help, or wonder about more opportunities for growth
Sign up for your Peer Mentor!
Would you like the support of a Peer Mentor during your first year at UBC's Okanagan campus? Sign up now!
“Don't be scared to try new things or to make mistakes—this is the best way to learn more about yourself and grow as a person. There are so many opportunities for students to explore and follow their passions; take advantage of them.”
—Third Year Science Peer Mentor Melany (Right)
“Don’t be afraid to get involved on campus. It is a great way to meet and make connections with other like-minded student leaders and to explore interests and passions beyond your academic studies.”
—Third Year Visual Arts Peer Mentor Sarah (Left)
Last reviewed 4/9/2018 10:59:59 AM