Are you new to UBC? Let us be amongst the first to welcome you to UBC's Okanagan campus!
At UBC's Okanagan campus, all new-to-UBC students (including transfer and mature students) are paired with an upper-year student in the same academic program. These student leaders are known as Peer Mentors.
So what exactly is a Peer Mentor?
- We can help answer your questions over the summer and throughout the academic year (we will be in touch by email!)
- We will guide your campus tour during Create Orientation day, and introduce you to other students in your faculty
- We will send you a weekly emails to let you know about upcoming events and opportunities for involvement on campus
- We plan social and academic events for you to enjoy!
- We are excited to share with you our student experience so you can benefit from our advise, insights and lessons learned
- We are UBC Okanagan campus experts! We will refer you to the right resource/department whenever you face a challenge, need help, or wonder about more opportunities for growth
Third Year Science Peer Mentor Melany (right side) "Don't be
scared to try new things or to make mistakes -this is the
best way to learn more about yourself and grow as a person.
There are so many opportunities for students to explore and
follow their passions; take advantage of them."
Third Year Visual Arts Peer Mentor Sarah (left side). "Don’t be afraid to get involved on campus. It is a great way to meet and make connections with other like-minded student leaders and to explore interests and passions beyond your academic studies."
Peer Mentors practicing fun activities to welcome the incoming class of 2016. A team of 110 fantastic upper-year students!
Last reviewed 2/21/2017 8:56:25 AM
Questions about the Peer Mentor Program?
Contact Laura Prada
First Year Services Coordinator
Campus Life office, University Centre UNC 329C