Available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, UBC 101 is available for all new-to-UBC students with a CWL username and password.
From textbooks to housing, medical insurance to degree planning, our online orientation provides a critical foundation of university and campus knowledge to help you succeed once you arrive on campus. UBC 101 is designed to provide a general introduction for new students to all things UBCO, and will:
- introduce you to the history, traditions, and culture of UBC Okanagan,
- guide you through your academic transition to university,
- introduce you to on-campus support services, and
- help you take care of the essentials prior to the start of classes.
Most students complete the online orientation in less than two hours—a small investment of time that will pay off big when you arrive on campus.
To access UBC 101:
- Visit canvas.ubc.ca and log in using your campus-wide login (CWL).
- Click the link to UBC 101 on your dashboard.
All new-to-UBC students are pre-enrolled in UBC 101. If the course is not already visible in your Canvas dashboard, you can follow these steps to self-enrol:
- Follow this link to Canvas and log in with your Campus Wide Login (CWL).
- Click “enrol in course.”