Tutoring and Learning Services
Indigenous Programs & Services (IPS) tutors work closely together as a team to provide integrated, holistic support for your learning. From understanding key concepts and themes in your courses to navigating your online lectures and note-taking, you have access to a one-stop shop for all of your studying needs.
Upper-year peer tutors are trained to help with understanding course content, key concepts and themes, problem-solving, practice, as well as writing and research consultation. Whether are looking to practice math equations or brainstorm a research essay outline, IPS Tutors are here to help.
IPS Tutors can assist with the following subjects and skills:
- Applied Science
- Health and Exercise Science
- Computer Science
Connect with our tutors
All self-identified First Nation, Metis and Inuit students are welcome to self-enroll in the IPS Learning Services module on Canvas to access services.
Access tutor schedules and contact information:
- Self-enroll in IPS Tutoring & Learning Services by going to: IPS Tutoring & Learning
- Once you enroll, enter into the IPS Tutoring & Learning Services Canvas shell
- This is where Tutor hours will be posted and relevant Zoom links for sessions will be available
- attend virtual tutor drop-in hours
- request additional one-to-one learning support
- access a variety of resources and study tips 24/7
- participate in study groups for specific courses
- Supplemental Learning support for ENGL 009, ENGL 114, and MATH 126
- Engage with fellow Indigenous students through social gatherings and networking opportunities
Interested in a different subject area than what is listed above? Contact Joel Liman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Indigenous Student Advisor with IPS, if you’re interested in tutoring services in a subject not shown on this page.
More Learning Services
Additional supports and resources, like Learning Strategists, Writing Consultants, and Subject Tutors, are available to all UBC Okanagan students in the Student Learning Hub.