Indigenous Pathways to Graduate School
- Strengthen understanding of the graduate school experience and application process
- Strengthen and apply skills that will help them succeed in graduate school
- Network with UBC Okanagan students, staff and faculty
- Discover opportunities for different pathways to graduate programs
- Participate in workshops, experiential events, social gatherings, professional development opportunities, and land-based learning opportunities
- Enroll in an optional 3-credit, upper-level summer intensive course in May 2023
Up to 10 hours per month, not including the retreat in early September.
Participants will receive a $1,500 stipend for their involvement. Any associated fees and tuition for the optional summer course will also be covered.
|September 2022||Off-campus retreat|
|September 2022-April 2023||Regular workshops and events|
|April 2023||Final gathering with program participants, staff and faculty|
|May/June 2023||Optional 3-credit, summer intensive course (TBD)|
This program is open to self-identified Indigenous undergraduate students at UBC’s Okanagan Campus who will be enrolled in full-time studies in the 2022 Winter Session.
Space is limited, and an application submission is required.
Application deadline: June 19, 2022
Indigenous Graduate Student Advisor
Indigenous Programs & Services / College of Graduate Studies