The Indigenous Centre, located on the second floor of the University Centre building (UNC 210), provides a sense of belonging and community to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit students. This home away from home is committed to enriching the quality of the student experience for Indigenous students by promoting access, providing capacity building opportunities, and celebrating success.
The Indigenous Centre has a team of Indigenous peer mentors and tutors. The tutors hold office hours and workshops in the Centre throughout the academic year.
Hours of operation
The Indigenous Centre is currently open from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
The Centre offers
- Indigenous Student Orientation
- Academic planning specific to personal goals
- Weekly workshops on academic, health/well-being, and career topics
- Individual support, referrals, and advocacy
- Social and cultural events throughout the year
- A supportive team of Indigenous Peer Mentors and Tutors
UBC Events calendar
Indigenous Centre programs and events are promoted via a weekly newsletter, IPS Fresh News, sent directly to current UBCO Indigenous students.