As of November 1, 24/7 student assistance is now provided through Here2Talk
Students can access Here2Talk by phone, online chat, or mobile app to get free, immediate, 24/7 mental health counselling in various languages. UBC students can reach out as often as needed, anytime, from anywhere in the world.
Canada-wide toll free: 1 877 857 3397
Canada-wide direct: 604 642 5212
Access from outside Canada: +1 604 642 5212 (international calling charges may apply)
What is Here2Talk?
Here2Talk connects UBCO students with mental health support when they need it. Through this program, all students – domestic or international – currently registered in a B.C. post-secondary institution have access to free, confidential counselling and community referral services, conveniently available 24/7 via app, phone and web.
At Here2Talk, no issue is too big or too small. They can support with:
- Tensions with family members, friends, or instructors
- Feelings of isolation, loneliness or depression
- General stress and anxiety
- Frustration or uncertainty related to studies or post-grad plans
- Creating balance between personal and academic priorities
- Building better communication and time management skills
- Adapting to a new campus culture, learning style or city
…and so much more! As a UBCO student, you can connect with a counsellor today without a scheduled appointment. All conversations you have with a Here2Talk counsellor are strictly confidential.