Australian Leadership Program
Interested in visiting Australia for an overseas cultural immersion and leadership opportunity?!
Consider applying for an Indigenous Cultural Exchange Opportunity for Summer 2019: The Australian Leadership Program!
APPLY by March 13 at 12:00pm: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2sJpDPa9Q5nIvm5
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 24th - July 12th, 2019 at UBC Okanagan
July 13th - August 1st, 2019 in Perth, Australia
The purpose of the Indigenous Cultural exchange between UBC Aboriginal University students and the Indigenous Australian students from St. Catherine's Residential University College is:
- to connect the students to other Indigenous peoples and cultures
- to enable students to listen and learn from one another as educated young leaders in their country
- to develop leadership and confidence as world ambassadors of their cultures
- to provide an opportunity to experience a culturally appropriate overseas immersion
- to develop further their understanding of the social, political, and economic issues facing Indigenous peoples across the plane
Round-trip airfare, accommodation, activity entry fees and the majority of meals will be paid for by Aboriginal Programs & Services. You will be staying on campus at UBC Okanagan with the Australian Ambassadors for the first part of the program and on & off-campus at the University of Western Australia for the last portion. Students will be responsible for health coverage, visas (if required) and personal spending money.
Applications won't be accepted after the deadline: March 13, 2019 at 12:00pm. Valid Passport required. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Last reviewed 2/14/2019 9:44:03 AM