Australian Leadership Program
UBC Okanagan and St. Catherine’s Residential University College in Perth, Australia are pleased to offer an exciting Indigenous cultural exchange opportunity: the Australian Leadership Program.
Application typically opens in Spring, with the exchange happening in the Summer term. The 2019 application period is now closed; check back next year for more details regarding the 2020 program.
If you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 PROGRAM DATES:
June 24 – July 12, 2019 at UBC Okanagan
July 13 – August 1, 2019 in Perth, Australia
The Indigenous cultural exchange between UBC Aboriginal students and Indigenous Australian students from St. Catherine’s Residential University College has been developed to:
- connect students to other Indigenous peoples and cultures
- enable students to listen and learn from one another as educated young leaders in their country
- develop leadership and confidence as world ambassadors of their cultures
- provide an opportunity to experience a culturally appropriate overseas immersion
- develop further their understanding of the social, political, and economic issues facing Indigenous peoples across the plane
- Round-trip airfare, accommodation, activity entry fees, and the majority of meals will be paid for by Aboriginal Programs & Services.
- You will be staying on campus at UBC Okanagan with the Australian Ambassadors for the first part of the program and on- and off-campus at the University of Western Australia for the last portion.
- Students will be responsible for health coverage, visas (if required), and personal spending money.
- Valid Passport required.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.