Australian Leadership Program
UBC Okanagan and St. Catherine’s Residential University College in Perth, Australia are pleased to offer an exciting Indigenous cultural exchange opportunity: the Australian Leadership Program.
If you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Program dates:
June 18 – July 5, 2020 at Kelowna (UBC Okanagan) and surrounding
July 6 – July 24, 2020 in Perth and Broome, Australia
Applications are closed for this year.
The Indigenous cultural exchange between UBC Aboriginal students and Indigenous Australian students from St. Catherine’s Residential University College has been developed to:
- connect students to other Indigenous peoples and cultures
- enable students to listen and learn from one another as educated young leaders in their country
- develop leadership and confidence as world ambassadors of their cultures
- provide an opportunity to experience a culturally appropriate overseas immersion
- develop further their understanding of the social, political, and economic issues facing Indigenous peoples across the plane
- Round-trip airfare, accommodation, activity entry fees, and the majority of meals will be paid for by Aboriginal Programs & Services.
- You will be staying on campus at UBC Okanagan with the Australian Ambassadors for the first part of the program and on- and off-campus at the University of Western Australia for the last portion.
- Students will be responsible for health coverage, visas (if required), and personal spending money.
- Valid Passport required.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.