The Indigenous Centre, located on the second floor of the UNC building (UNC 212), provides a sense of belonging and community to Indigenous students. This home away from home is committed to enriching the quality of the student experience for Indigenous students by promoting access, providing capacity building opportunities, and celebrating success.
The Indigenous Centre has a team of Indigenous peer mentors and tutors. The tutors hold office hours and workshops in the Centre throughout the academic year.
The Centre offers
- Indigenous Student Orientation
- Academic planning specific to personal goals
- Weekly workshops on academic, health/well-being, and career topics
- Individual support, referrals, and advocacy
- Social and cultural events throughout the year
- A supportive team of Indigenous Peer Mentors and Tutors