After arriving in Canada
Travelling to Canada: step by step
Step 5: After you arrive
When you arrive in Canada, there are steps you need to take before starting your studies.
When you first arrive, check-in within 48 hours through the ArriveCAN online form or call 1 833 641 0343.
Follow the self-isolation plans you made before travelling to Canada and the following self-isolation guidelines.
AFTER ARRIVING IN BRITISH COLUMBIA:
- Apply for the BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- Check that you have iMED and have told DCIS that you are arriving
- Apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Add your document expiry dates to UBC’s Reminder System
- After self-isolation, get a BCID to avoid carrying your passport for identification.
Find everything you need to know about life as an international student at UBC’s Okanagan campus.
Learn more about the impact of COVID-19 on immigration and health insurance for international students.
Find resources and tips to help you get started, stay connected, and navigate online academics during your first year at UBC Okanagan.