Society of Scholars
The Society of Scholars is a community created by and for the winners of selected UBC Okanagan scholarships. Our Scholars are some of our most talented students, demonstrating promise prior to their UBC Okanagan experience. The Society of Scholars program fosters this promise to ensure that our Scholars are engaged, supported, and provided a platform to thrive throughout their studies.
Students who qualify for the program will be contacted in July and August.
- Scholars are invited to participate in tailored workshops and presentations throughout the academic year. Topics include:
- Personal and community development
- Academic excellence
- Global citizenship
- Networking and career development
- Scholars are invited be a part of opportunities to get involved, both on-campus and off-campus
- Scholars will receive emails with information about curated opportunities they may be interested in
- Scholars are invited to attend the Society of Scholars leadership retreats in September (Sept 15-17, 2017) and January and various leadership development opportunities
- Scholars are invited to attend various Society of Scholars socials and mixers where they can make friends with other student leaders from various programs that are just like them and stay in touch with regular communications
- Scholars will network with professional staff, community members, campus partners, and alumni
- Scholars will develop personal, professional, and leadership skills that will enhance their university experience
Learn more about the goals and themes of the Society of Scholars.
Society of Scholars certificate program
Participants are invited to participate in the optional Society of Scholars certificate program.
The Society of Scholars appreciates support from alumni, current students, faculty, and staff. If you would like to be involved with the Society of Scholars as a volunteer, please email us at email@example.com.
Last reviewed 6/29/2017 5:30:33 PM
Contact Liz Hilliard
Learn more about the Society of Scholars from Scholar Skye Thompson
Testimonials from our Scholars
"My first year at UBCO has been absolutely amazing, especially because of the Society of Scholars program. The Society of Scholars Program changed my life!" —2015 Cohort scholar
"The Society of Scholars program was an amazing way to get involved with the university right away. This program was one of the reasons I have as many friends as I do. Overall, one of the best decisions I made when coming to the university was to be a part of the SOS." —2015 Cohort scholar
"SOS is what defined my university experience. It has given me the confidence, connections, and support to pursue my dreams. It has provided me with countless opportunities for professional, academic, and personal development, reflection and plain old letting loose and having fun. University would be a lot more daunting without SOS." —2016 Cohort scholar