Communicating with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
By IRCC’s Web Form
Enter your case-specific enquiry using the online web form.
If you have an application in progress, take care in selecting whether your application was:
- an in-Canada application or
- an application made to a visa office outside of Canada (normally you would select the visa office responsible for your country)
Your enquiry will be sent to the relevant office.
Be sure to fill out all applicable fields and provide a clear explanation in the ‘your enquiry’ text box. After you click ‘next’, you will have an opportunity to upload documents, if necessary.
Note: If you have an application in progress, there is no guarantee that the information will be seen by the officer who will assess your application.
If your question is about a technical error:
- Describe the information you were looking for
- The nature of the problems
- Send 2 screenshots of:
- The page you are attempting to access
- The error message that you receive
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays).
Prepare to wait on hold for some time. Try calling early in the morning or use a speakerphone. For your records, write down the date and time you called, the agent’s name, and the exact information they provide. Ask the agent if they can email the information they provided. If you have submitted an immigration application, note that the agent you speak with is different from the officer who will review your application and make the final decision.
For Temporary Resident Visas (TRV) submitted from within Canada only, email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.
Include the following information in your email
- Surname: Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
- Given name(s): Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
- Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Country of birth
- Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Number (also referred to as a Client ID Number)
- Your current status in Canada (e.g. student, worker, visitor, etc.)
- The expiration date of your status
- Complete address
If your residential address is different from your mailing address, provide both
- Telephone number
- Approximate date that the Temporary Resident Visa application was submitted
- Whether the application was submitted online or by mail
Back to top