English Foundation Program
The English Foundation Program (EFP), offered by AVP Students and the Okanagan School of Education is an innovative and accredited program providing university admission to students who meet all academic requirements for a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Management, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Media Studies, or Bachelor of Human Kinetics degree program, yet who do not meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
The EFP combines intensive English language training and academic courses while engaging students in campus life—a perfect blend of strong academics, collaborative activities, and experiential and cultural learning on UBC’s Okanagan campus.
- Earn a degree from one of the top 40 research universities in the world
- Enrol in academic courses and immediately start your degree
- Receive credit for EFP courses that can be used towards your undergraduate degree
- Engage fully in academic and campus life
UBC applicants are automatically evaluated for EFP if they meet the university’s admission requirements and the minimum EFP entry score, but are not fully admissible to UBC.
Interested in applying? Registration for September is now open:
Program & student fees
The fee estimate (see chart below) for your first semester in EFP includes:
- Program fee*: $5,580.25 (2019 – subject to change)
- EAP course tuition per level (3 credits EAP 103, or 3 credits EAP 104)
- Language and computer lab
- Minimum two academic assistants per class
- Daily one-on-one writing assistance and supplemental learning assistance
- Math and science tutoring
- UBCSUO Health and Dental Plan
- Athletics and recreation fee
- Counselling and health service
- Bus pass
- Academic advising
*Please note: For domestic students enrolled in the EFP program and receiving government student loan funding, the EFP program fee will not be covered. In addition, credit restrictions may limit student loan funding options. For further information please contact Student Services.
|International students||Total: approximately $9,500 (depending on faculty)|
|Domestic students||Total: approximately $6,700 (depending on faculty)|
|Additional fees||Living expenses estimates at $13,000
Up to 2 academic elective courses (Depending on EAP level)