Important documents

important documents 

Before you leave Canada, you’ll need to ensure that you have certain documents in hand and insurance in place.

  • Passport
    • If you don’t have one, apply now – the process can take several months.
    • If you need to renew your passport, do so now – your passport must be valid for your program's duration, plus an additional six months following.
  • Medical and travel insurance
    • Your medical and travel insurance coverage needs to be comprehensive enough to prevent costly surprises in the event of a medical emergency or travel hiccup during your Exchange.
    • Talk to your insurance provider and travel agent about your trip plans and discuss insurance options they can provide.
    • If you are covered by ihaveaplan, please register to alert the provider of your travel plans. The UBCO policy number is: 77583 and the ID Number is your UBCO student ID number. For further information, please call 1 877 795-4427, Mon. - Fri. from 9 am to 5 pm or email
  • Other documents
    • To confirm what additional documentation (ex. study/travel visas) you will need to have in place for your Go Global experience, contact the consulate for the country to which you will be traveling.
    • Confirm well in advance of your travel dates what immigration documents you'll need to enter the country, the application procedure, fees, and lead time required. It may take several months to research and confirm your documentation requirements.

Last reviewed shim5/8/2017 9:33:01 AM