Sharron Simpson Family Community Impact Award
Apartment stacked floor-to-ceiling with old mystery novels? Can’t put those knitting needles down? Recruited everyone you know to join you at polka night?
Tell us what puts a smile on your face, gets your heart racing, or seems to work its way into every conversation you have—you could be eligible for $1000-2500 in funding to pursue your passion and pay it forward in your community.
A gift from UBC alumna and donor Sharron Simpson to UBC's Okanagan campus has created the Sharron Simpson Family Community Impact Awards program. Awards range from $1,000 to $2,500 and enable students to follow their dreams by pursuit of a passion, encouraging and enhancing real world learning experiences, contributing to a sense of enjoyment and fun in the pursuit of education, and giving students an opportunity to make an impact to both the campus and external community.
- Supports students in pursuing a passion
- Promotes student leadership
- Provides funding to support student led initiatives that link to community service learning
- Enhances curricular and extracurricular learning
- Awards may not fund academic initiatives
- Awards may not fund student salaries or for profit initiatives
- Awards are available to students of UBC's Okanagan campus in any year of study.
- For initiatives taking place over the summer terms, must be a returning student in the fall.
Awards will be adjudicated by a committee of UBC staff from the Student Experience Office and AVP Students.
Resources for Applying
Last reviewed 3/9/2018 12:10:53 PM
How to Apply:
Step 1: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in applying for this award. Our Get Involved leaders are here to help you throughout the application process, so don't worry if you don't have all the details figured out yet.
Step 2: One of our Get Involved leaders will contact you to discuss your idea and explore how your passion can make a positive impact in your community.
Step 3: Apply online by November 16, 2018.
Student Experience Office