COVID-19 Accommodations – Masks and Rapid Testing Program
UBC recognizes that it may not be possible for some students to wear a face covering or mask while accessing classrooms and other common areas on UBC properties based on the exemptions outlined in the Public Health Officers’ order on face coverings in public indoor settings.
Exemptions from use of face coverings
You are exempt from the use of face coverings on campus if you meet one of the following criteria.
- You are unable to wear a face covering because of:
- A psychological, behavioral or health condition, or
- A physical, cognitive or mental impairment
- You are unable to put on or remove a face covering without the assistance of another person
If you qualify for a face covering or mask exemption
In order to balance the rights of people who cannot wear a face covering and public health risks, especially to people at heightened risk of severe illness, the following practices are required for students unable to wear a face covering:
- Limit your campus attendance to access the essential services that you require, such as attending classes. If you do need to access UBC common areas, please:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from others at all times.
- Clean shared equipment before and after use.
- Maintain clean hands and use hand sanitizer upon entry to and exit from all common areas.
- Stay home when you are sick, even if symptoms are mild. Avoid coming to campus.
- Before coming to campus each day, assess yourself using the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool on BC Thrive Health.
- Complete the Student Face Covering Exemption form to receive the classroom accommodation that allows you to notify your instructor of your Mask Exemption via the DRC Accommodations Portal.
COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program Accommodation
You may be eligible for an exemption from the UBC COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program on disability or medical-related grounds.
If you have questions
For more information about requesting accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest information regarding UBC Okanagan’s COVID-19 policies and programs please visit the link below: