Finding a Job
The Canadian job market is highly competitive and requires initiative, patience, and persistence. You can look for a job in a number of different places.
- UBC's Okanagan campus Career Services is the best place to start your job search. Visit the Career Services website for more information.
- Career Services has a board on the main floor of the Student Services Centre building that has postings for on- and off-campus jobs.
- Career Services is also able to help you with cover letter writing, resume building and developing interview skills.
- On-campus jobs that involve working for a professor or the department office are often posted on bulletin boards around campus. Department administrative staff are also good sources of information about upcoming jobs.
- Asking people you know is another way to find out about jobs. Teaching or research assistantships, for example, are sometimes given out on the basis of a personal recommendation from a professor.
- Drop your resumé off at the offices or units that regularly hire student workers. UBC's Okanagan campus library, Bookstore, Campus Recreation, and Food Services all hire student workers.
Last reviewed 12/16/2014 1:35:46 PM