If you have questions about meeting your degree requirements or wish to discuss Exchange courses, the advisors identified for your faculty/department are familiar with UBCO degree structures and Go Global and will be happy to assist you as much as they can.
- Make sure you know which courses you still need to take to graduate. This will help you determine which courses you should take abroad.
- Tip: Studying abroad is a good time to fulfill your electives and faculty- and department-level courses, while specific courses (e.g., ANTH 435) are most easily fulfilled at UBC.
What they do:
- Review partner university courses
- Look at your UBC degree requirements
- Approve courses after you have been matched to a partner university, not before you've applied to Go Global
What they will not do:
- Review an extensive list of courses. Aim to have 6-7 courses articulated, per term abroad.
- Approve courses immediately. Please allow time for approvals.
When meeting with your advisor, please come with the following information:
- As much information as you can find for each course you plan on taking (course description, URL, etc.)
- Credit equivalency for your partner university.
- Credit equivalency is found on the partner page (i.e., 6 ANU credit points = 4 UBCO credits)
The following Programs REQUIRE that you approve your courses prior to leaving on Exchange:
- Human Kinetics
Course pre-approval is also highly recommended for Arts/Fine Arts if you have specific credit or year-level needed (e.g., “third year” at a partner institution does not always mean “upper level” at UBC).
Below are links to Program Advisors.
- Applied Science (please contact Renee (Renee.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sam (email@example.com) for pre-approvals)
- Arts and Sciences
- Creative & Critical Studies
- Human Kinetics (Associate Director)
- Management (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-approvals)
Last reviewed 10/4/2017 2:22:56 PM