What and who can be funded?
|Types of Funding
|Conferences||Funding to attend an academic or professional conference within Canada or the United States
|Student Led Initiatives
Funding to bring new events, programs, services or other unique student ideas to life. Initiatives should be a unique offering (not a duplication of a current service or program) that is local to the Okanagan campus and/or the greater Okanagan community.
||A team of students representing UBC Okanagan at an academic competition within Canada or the United States
Follow Your Dreams
with the Sharron Simpson Family Community Impact Award
|New for 2016W! Apply to the Sharron Simpson Family Community Impact Award and receive up to $2,500 to follow your dreams!||$2,500||Sharron Simpson Family Community Impact Awards
- Applications must be submitted and approved for funding prior to the initiative, conference or competition start date
- The applicant must be a continuing undergraduate or graduate student on the Okanagan campus
- All applications must have a strong connection to the three pillars of the fund, outlined below
- Degree, curriculum or academic requirements are not eligible for funding
- Funds cannot be used to pay or subsidize income (wages, honorariums, stipends, etc) for students or mentors
- Initiatives must not be a duplication of an existing service or event
- Funding for initiatives may not be used to purchase alcohol
- Travel must be within Canada or the United States
Pillars of the Tuum Est Student Initiative Fund
All applications to the Tuum Est Student Initiative Fund are evaluated based on how well they meet the three pillars of the Fund (outlined below) and the positive impact they bring to the campus community.
Student Success is looking within and beyond the classroom for unique opportunities to learn, to lead, and to develop new strengths
Program Connections speak to how students within the same academic program develop a sense of belonging and connection to their faculty, their peers, and their field of study
Campus Affinity relates to the positive connection between our students and the UBC Okanagan campus
Last reviewed 8/1/2018 9:48:26 AM