Explore your interests, enhance your experience.
Need a competitive edge to help you land that dream job? Looking for ways to connect with other students? Searching for new ways to explore your interests—and get experience skills doing it?
Volunteering on campus can help you to:
- develop valuable workplace skills (leadership, communication, team building, etc.)
- develop a new skill or discover a new talent
- gain relevant work experience
- build a great resume
- develop a network and employment contacts that may help you in your future career
- provide professional references
- make an impact on your campus & community
We have resources to help you find the right volunteer or paid position that will help you achieve your goals—whatever they may be. On or off campus, long term or short term, local or international, or something that directly relates with your academic pursuits, the right opportunity is out there waiting for you.
Volunteering on campus and in your UBC community makes it easy to get engaged, and will help you develop your skills, give back to the community, and network with campus partners.
Try your hand at something new by volunteering on campus, or lend your experience to new students by becoming a Peer Mentor.
Before you hit ”send“ on your next job application, take advantage of the many Career Services we offer, including resume reviews, interview coaching, career exploration, and more. And don't forget to take advantage of our Developing Minds professional and personal development workshops.