UBC's Okanagan campus
Located in Kelowna, BC, the University of British Columbia’s Okanagan campus opened in September 2005 and has earned a reputation as a respected centre of learning and research, both in our region and around the world.
Serving the post–secondary education needs of more than 7,500 domestic and international undergraduate and graduate students, UBC’s Okanagan campus delivers a diverse range of interdisciplinary and integrated programs, teaching excellence, and experiential learning—all while offering the internationally renowned UBC degree.
The Okanagan campus is an intimate learning community—a place where students have meaningful interactions with one another and their professors, build new cultural and social perspectives, and create and expand local and global connections.
- One world–class UBC degree
- Distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs
- Innovative teaching through state–of–the–art technology
- An independent Okanagan Academic Senate
- Integrated region–wide college transfer
- Research funding through UBC and national funding programs
- Expansive and integrated research programs
- Links to UBC's Vancouver campus and global research
- New research infrastructures
- Annual economic impact: $1 billion
- More than $400 million in new construction since 2005
- Expanded access to post-secondary education
- Community Service Learning and Co-operative Education opportunities
- Links to regional and national health partners
- Diverse cultural, creative, and performance programs
Last reviewed 12/17/2014 3:37:03 PM