Information for Students Requesting Notes
How do I request a note-taker?
Confirm on your Accommodation Form for Faculty that student notetaking is one of your accommodations.
Complete the Student Notetaking Request Form .
When a notetaker is found, you will be notified by the DRC Program Advisor
What if a student notetaker does not come forward?
This could happen so we suggest you take the following steps:
- Speak to your professor and ask if he/she will make another announcement to the class.
- If you're comfortable doing so, ask a classmate if he/she would be willing to apply as a student note-taker.
- Should these steps not result in a student note-taker coming forward within a week or two, please contact your program Advisor to explore other options.
You can access your notes from Blackboard Connect. Please access your instructions by clicking on this link Self-Enrol to Receive Notes. **If you have difficulty accessing the notes on Connect - Blackboard, please email email@example.com
When will notes be posted?
Your notes should be posted within 24 hours of the class. If your notes do not seem to be posted in a timely manner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is my note-taker paid?
If you are eligible for the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD)/ Canada Student Grant for Services & Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE):
- Please inquire about whether or not you are eligible, to the DRC Program Advisor
- If you are not eligible for the BSWD/CSG-PDSE:
- The DRC will cover the cost of your note-taker.
Last reviewed 8/5/2016 3:13:00 PM