Requesting Academic Accommodations
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) is happy to consult with any student experiencing barriers to their education or to university life due to a diagnosed or suspected disability. Working with students, staff and faculty the DRC seeks to create equal and full access to all aspects of student life at UBC Okanagan.
This page provides a step by step explanation of the application and intake process.
- Submit your Intake Package along with your medical documentation to the DRC office. Documentation should be mailed, fax or electronically sent to the DRC at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with the Diversity Advisor to discuss appropriate accommodation, by contacting the DRC at 250-807-9203. The initial meeting for first-time registrants will take about 1 hour, at which time you will complete and sign any necessary paperwork.
Based on the initial intake and interview, students will receive accommodations specific to their disability. Where appropriate, students may be referred to other service providers. Students receiving accommodations will be provided with:
- Accommodation Letter for their faculty
You must request services annually with the Disability Resource Centre to receive services and exam accommodations. This gives you the opportunity to review with us your previous year's accommodations, how you managed academically, and any changes that may need to be implemented. This gives us the chance to best continue to meet your needs.
1. Submit an Intent to Access Services
1. Schedule an appointment to meet with the Diversity Advisory to discuss any changes you want implemented into the up and coming year.
Last reviewed 5/16/2017 2:41:07 PM